Disabling emoticons

smaragdus

Disabling emoticons

Postby smaragdus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:12 am

I would appreciate an option to disable emoticons- I mean when I type ;) to get ;) and not Wink ( ;) )- in short an option to insert emoticons from emoticons panel only but not while typing (like in Telegram)- now Isotoxin automatically replaces ;) with Wink ( ;) ).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Disabling emoticons

Postby admin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:36 am

ok, I'll add option: "enable short smileys replacement" and make it uncheked by default

smaragdus

Postby smaragdus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:15 pm

ok, I'll add option: "enable short smileys replacement" and make it uncheked by default

This will do the job, thanks.

smaragdus

Postby smaragdus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:07 am

The new dark theme introduced in version 0.3.417 is very cute.
However I liked the old title bar icons more:
http://postimg.org/image/6mtuyqoy1/
than the new title bar icons:
http://postimg.org/image/nomp0u3t5/
However this change was not documented in the change log.
I wonder- would it be possible in future versions of Isotoxin the users to be able to choose in settings which title bar icons to use or I am asking too much?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:03 am

Its possible to create GUI theme with old title bar. I'll create it for you soon.

smaragdus

Postby smaragdus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:14 pm

It will be extremely kind of you!
Of course I am aware this is a whim but I am really in love with the old buttons. It is not that the new ones are bad- if I haven't seen the old ones I would like the new ones too but they are a bit flat for me and although I am using WIndows 8 I do not like flat style. More- I was fascinated by old the blue cog wheel (settings button).
I read in the change log about ToxID export- how does it work?
By the way- may I add you to my Isotoxin contact list?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:39 pm

smaragdus wrote:Of course I am aware this is a whim but I am really in love with the old buttons. It is not that the new ones are bad-

I just redraw all gui elements with svg.
Your suggestion about old icons forced me to debug old mechanism of GUI theme inheritance, so, now it is possible create new GUI theme with minimum changes to parent one. I will release 0.3.418 version in 3 hours.

smaragdus wrote:I read in the change log about ToxID export- how does it work?

Just click on ToxID, and select export
It saves tox_save file, that can be loaded by other Tox clients

smaragdus wrote:By the way- may I add you to my Isotoxin contact list?

Yep. Send invite to ED783DA52E91A422A48F984CAC10B6FF62EE928BE616CE41D0715897D7B7F6050B2F04AA02A1
I'll accept it asap

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:05 pm

I don't want to release new version now. Last release is less then 24h old. I don't want to produce micro-updates too often.
But, if you can't/don't want to wait, you can download 0.3.419 version right now and manually update.
http://isotoxin.im/files/isotoxin.0.3.419.zip

Also you have to download this file: http://isotoxin.im/files/otb.data
Put it to your Isotoxin's folder. otb.data is zip file with GUI theme addon with old style app buttons.

Unfortunately otb.data has no effect in current 0.3.417 version due some bugs in gui theme loader, so you have to udapte to 0.3.419. Consolation will be support of markdown syntax in messages, like: **bold text** or ~~strike text~~

smaragdus

Postby smaragdus » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:59 am

Many many thanks! You are extremely kind. I downloaded the the new special build (Isotoxin 0.3.419) plus the additional file (otb.data) and now I can use the old default theme. It is also great that you re-created the dark theme with the old title buttons. Both light and dark themes are so nice that I have a difficulty to choose which one to use more often.

Thanks for explaining about the profile export- this is an extremely useful feature. Does the exported profile also contain the message history or only the Tox ID and contact list? If the message history is not included- have you thought of a way of exporting message history so that it could be used with other Tox clients? From time to time I have a look at qTox too and in contrast with Isotoxin qTox is not fully portable- it creates an empty tox folder in AppData (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\tox) on every single run.

Once I made a comment in Softpedia about qTox where I mentioned Isotoxin pointing at Isotoxin web-site and project page at GitHub- Softpedia published my comment with some delay but they modified it- they removed the links I provided and substituted it with the Isotoxin entry they added to their database. In fact I don't agree with the rating they gave Isotoxin (3.5/5)- I think Isotoxin deserves to be rated much higher, but anyway, at least Isotoxin is now included in Softpedia and perhaps it will make it a bit more visible.

I agree that there is not a great idea that you release new versions very often. I just hope that you will included the changes in the special version (0.3.419) in the next official release.

About the planned spell-check- it will support only English and Russian?

One more thing- it seems that the Isotoxin status icon in the title bar uses a slightly different colour right now and it doesn't match the tray icon status colour- at least for Online status- was this done on purpose?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:41 am

smaragdus wrote:Does the exported profile also contain the message history or only the Tox ID and contact list? If the message history is not included- have you thought of a way of exporting message history so that it could be used with other Tox clients?

No, only Tox ID. I have to explore qTox message history format to create qTox full import/export. I'll do it later.

smaragdus wrote:About the planned spell-check- it will support only English and Russian?

I will use 3rd party library like hunspell or something like, so spell check will support all languages that this lib will support

smaragdus wrote:One more thing- it seems that the Isotoxin status icon in the title bar uses a slightly different colour right now and it doesn't match the tray icon status colour- at least for Online status- was this done on purpose?

Currently notification area icons are precreated in Icon editor. I want to write code to generate them on the fly from svg.

Return to “Feature requests”